Are children who come from "broken homes" really more likely to become criminals?

I always hear about these statistics and I have to wonder if they are true. I would imagine it would depend on the age as well as the income level both parents are under. I know for my cousins who's parents split up when they were just toddlers, they ended up doing okay. Neither of them ended up on drugs or anything like that. Though their father is a millionaire so I think this factored in. He essentially helped their mom out by letting her have the house and buying her things she needed.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think statistically, the odds are more in favor of this because it is very hard to have a stable income and live a life without struggles as a single parent. There is also the added fuel of the divorce which is never healthy for kids to be around. It is very sad to see it and hear about it. I know not all children end up becoming criminals or getting into trouble in their teens or young adult years but enough of them do that it is a legit statistic that is worrisome.