Should children be able to choose who they go with during divorce?

What do you think should be allowed? Should children be allowed to live with the parent they want to? Or should each parent get days with the child? 

Of course I think it depends on the parents and their history, and how the children was taken care of.  I think if both parents are good parents, it should be 50/50 custody. But, if there is an abusive parent, than the other parent should take the child in. What are your thoughts on this? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this should be dependent on the age of the child. A child who is too young will see favors from one parent and think they will be better off (more spoiled) with one over the other which can cause the child to end up getting neglected. Custody should be shared if possible. 

Kids don't often make good decisions for themselves but for the sake of there being cases of child abuse out there, I believe they should have some say depending on the situation. If there are allegations of abuse, then the child should be questioned separately from the parents to see if there is a legit reason to question the care of one or both parents involved.