Church funded hospitals?

Does anyone know if this is a thing in America? I know there are churches in my area (Christian ones) that help fund programs for church members which focus on covering the cost of food and clothing for children when parents need help as well as helping pay tuition for kids. I have never heard of one that helps with medical costs so I am wondering if that is a thing anywhere. I think if hospitals gave some kind of incentive for churches, this might be practiced in some areas. 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean churches that take donations and then pay for people's medical costs or specific clinics that allow anyone to go but a church pays for everything? That is where I am confused. Either way, this is not something I have heard of in my area. I know there are schools that are funded by churches but not hospitals. 

Oh for sure there is to my knowledge. I know I've heard of hospitals that sound like they're supported by religion, like St. Mary Hospitals for example. There are hospitals, schools, and universities funded by mostly donations and such, but also from churches and the community even.